MP4 Access User Tips: 1) After purchase, download the Participant Workbook and save as a .pdf. 2) Next, click the player window to access the desired video. 3) When you need to stop the course, click the PAUSE feature and make note of your ELAPSED TIME. The player will not bookmark your spot. Use the slider to pick up where you left off.
Whereas compliance is something you and your company may do, ethics is an internal dynamic or philosophy that can guide us on our professional journey. This course will review fundamental principles of business ethics and apply them to the collection industry. Discover and share opportunities to articulate the ACA Code of Conduct in your company mission, values, and compliance program in order to foster an ethical culture across your entire organization. (90 minutes, .75 PDUs)
This course will prepare you to:
- Define ethics, values, and what it means to be a professional collector.
- Describe how agency values play a role in establishing ethical and professional business practices.
- Recognize the importance of consistent owner and management behavior with agency values.
- Interpret how ethical and professional behaviors drive agency productivity.
- Explain ACA’s Code of Conduct and the role the compliance and operations areas play to enforce ethical practices within your agency.
- Describe different ethical approaches to common scenarios in the debt collection industry.
- Develop internal compliance procedures for your agency.
Course Time and Credit
1.5 hours, .75 Professional Development Units
*Please note, credit will be provided ONLY to individuals who have paid to attend this seminar or those using an ACA Training Zone. Anyone sitting in with a paid participant is not eligible to receive credit. Please save a copy of the self-reporting attendance form in your materials for documentation.
ACA Certified Instructors
This seminar is taught only by ACA Certified Instructors. You can expect top-notch presentations are created by and presented for members. Seminar instructors go through vigorous training to become ACA Certified Instructors and can speak directly to your experiences because they work in our industry.